Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Liz Lisa x My Melody collaboration collection

Hi everyone! It seems like I haven't update this blog for ages >< I'm still contemplating what are some of the things I'd like to write about here in the future...I'd love to show you hauls or even post my monthly wishlist here, makeup/skincare review, cute things and perhaps any travel posts when I get a chance :) If you have any suggestions, you're welcomed to let me know ^^

Today I've decided to finally write about my Liz Lisa x My melody collaboration collection ^^ For those who may have known me, I have gradually developed the love for Liz Lisa brand since about 2009 but didn't really purchase any item until late 2012-2013. A little while afterwards, I started to notice the collaboration between Liz Lisa and My Melody. Now I have been a huge fan of Sanrio characters since as a kid, and My Melody was definitely one of them!

Now I'm just going to show you my collection in collaboration order (and other My Melody items in between), although I've only began my collection from the 5th collaboration onward. I'm actually in the process of purchasing the 9th collaboration dress and still hunting the dress from the 4th collaboration, so if you knew anywhere selling them (the blue colour one), please let me know ^^ I'm unsure whether I wanted anything prior to the 4th collaboration, as I'm happy with just these in my hand.

Liz Lisa x My Melody 5th collaboration


Back then when this first came out, I had a slight hesitation and completely missed it! LOL. I've actually only obtained this dress in white colour at the beginning of this year through Yahoo auction, and I'm still wondering how did I ever missed such a gorgeous dress! My favourite patterns of all-time has to be strawberries and cherries, and of course, any desserts as well. This dress has become probably my favourite one, just because I loved every single bit about it. Whether it's the double bow collar, the fitting, the right amount of strawberries and subtle additional gingham and floral patterns.


Whenever I look at the patterns, I felt extremely glad I got this dress. I love how sweet this dress looked, and I'm just so addicted to strawberry patterns for life!


Liz Lisa x My Melody 5th Mook



Ah well I admit, I bought this Mook purely due to the bag that comes with it LOL. This was an absolutely gorgeous bag I must say, and it actually had My Melody on it along with the strawberries. The Mook itself was quite entertaining too, as it features the 5th collaboration items and Liz Lisa 15th anniversary items too. 


At the moment, I use this as a casual/shopping bag. It's actually very convenient when I wanted to fit things in there quickly without the need for zipping or button clipping. In addition it comes with a small coin purse which can be really handy too.


Liz Lisa x My Melody 6th collaboration:


Believe it or not, those were the very first items I bought from a Lizmelo collaboration (haha quite late aye?). Even back then, I was still unsure about starting this collection, mainly because I don't find too much occasions to actually wear/use them. Despite that fact though, I just couldn't stop thinking about them so...that thought totally went outside the window LOL. I bought the white dress and pink cardigan from the 6th collaboration, and I was extremely happy with them. 


The pink cardigan was actually not the typical pink colour, but it's more like nude. To my surprise I actually find this colour to be more versatile, and I absolutely love the Merry-Go-Round patterns on it! It was somewhat a simple cardigan, but with very feminine elements such as the lacy collar/back.



I don't need to say more about the patterns on the dress...they hit me straight on! Cake, macaron, flower and Merry-Go-Round, what else can you ask for?? The only thing I could say was that I wished the sleeves were shorter (they were up to my elbows), but I guess it was due to that feature which made the dress more doll-like ^^


Liz Lisa x My Melody Shibuya 109 Limited edition items



Somewhere in the same year, Lizmelo released some Shibuya 109 limited edition items. I fell instantly in love with the pink patterns and flower hoops, and best of all, alot of the items actually had My Melody on them too. I have bought the skirt/sukapan, bag and mirror from this collaboration. I loved all the items except later I found out the skirt was a little short for me LOL. I remember they had some other items such as One piece and blouse etc, but I guess the design and patterns didn't attract me as much as these ones.


The patterns were too beautiful to miss out!!!! They are probably one of my favourite patterns from Lizmelo collaborations ^^



Liz Lisa x My Melody 7th collaboration - Liz Lisa x My Melody x Little twin star



The 7th collaboration was a little different as it had an extra Sanrio character which was the little twin star ^^ The dress, as usual, was totally gorgeous. I love how it had that extra transparent layer with polka dots, and the fact the fitting was really good. I bought the dress in white, although I did think the lavender colour looked quite nice too.


This time the patterns actually featured angels which was quite unique. Although the little twin star wasn't really my favourite Sanrio character, but this collaboration turned out really nice with the addition of Kiki and Lala ^^


Liz Lisa x My Melody 8th collaboration (Vol 1)


(Updated 18/12/2016)
Ok I know before I have said that I wasn't too interested in this dress, but hey...I can change my mind in a millisecond! LOL. I saw this cosmetic dress in pink randomly one day and I thought I MIGHT AS WELL just get it!!


Now that I think about it, I think I know why I decided to get it. One...it was somewhat unique with cosmetic patterns (rather than the usual fruit or floral ones), and two...it has both My Melody and My Sweet piano character on it (Yeah enough excuses lol). Nevertheless, I'm quite happy that I got it in pink colour and looking forward to do some outfit photos with it someday :)


Liz Lisa x My Melody 8th collaboration (Vol 2)



With the 8th collaboration, they actually released 2 different dresses. One was the cosmetic pattern dress and the other was this deluxe winter dress. To be honest, I didn't really like the cosmetic pattern dress...maybe because I had this winter dress as a comparison? I remember telling myself I ABSOLUTELY MUST get my hands on the white version of this winter dress with detachable fur collar! However, I was overseas when this was released and I totally missed it due to internet/cart error LOL. Luckily I ended up finding this dress this year below the retail price ^^ This is probably my 2nd favourite dress now and I just can't say enough good things about this!!! 


I totally fell in love with all the My Melody patterns on there, they look so adorable >< Also I really love the fact the fur collar was detachable, it would make this dress more flexible to wear between Autumn and Winter ^^


Liz Lisa x My Melody 2016 Fukubukuro



This wasn't really from a collaboration release or anything, but it was just the Lizmelo 25000yen Fukubukuro inwhich comes out around new year. I mainly just wanted to show the bag and the pouch which had My Melody patterns on them ^^ I loved both of them for sure, and I find their quality were pretty good as well, the lace trim was definitely a bonus too! 

Now that I thought about it, I totally should've got the suitcases from earlier years too LOL But I guess I won't be using them much if I did...


I was totally into the patterns as they featured both pink and white coloured My Melody ^^ The colour was really soft and I loved how they spread nicely on a subtle gingham background.


Liz Lisa x My Melody 9th collaboration



When I first saw this collaboration, I knew I definitely have to get the tote bag. I think its size attracted me the most, and also I loved the obvious patterns on it. I wasn't really planning to get a charm though, but since I never did in all the previous collaborations...I decided to get one this time. I'm actually glad I did LOL since it was really cute and goes very well with the bag. 


As I said, I have no resistance with strawberry and cherry patterns. These cherry patterns along with the lovely spring style My Melody were just perfect!

The reason why I didn't get the dress when it was released was due to my hesitance with the big bow at the front LOL. I like bows but just not a big fan of it, especially when it was very obvious >< Though later on...I think I might've changed my mind and it didn't look too bad after I stared at them so much haha. So yea...I'm in the process of obtaining them, and that shall then add to my Lizmelo collection ^^


(updated 23/6/2016)
I have finally obtained the 9th collaboration dress in Pink colour ^^ Initially I wasn't going to get this dress due to the large ribbon at the front, but after seeing a few people wearing it...which looks pretty ok, I've decided to get it.


I actually really love the pattern on it, because it's cherries! I really need a short sleeve dress too, so this was a pretty good one for the collection I guess.


Liz Lisa x My Melody 6th Mook



Last but not least, here's the 6th Liz Lisa x My Melody Mook that I got ^^ it's funny how they released this Mook so long after the last one though. Again, I got this Mook due to the pouch LOL I wanted this alot due to the fact it had all the past Lizmelo patterns on it. The pouch itself was really cute with the surrounding frills ^^ Though I didn't like this Mook as much as the last one, but still it was nice to look at the Spring collections.


I don't know which My Melody I like the most LOL probably the strawberry one >< I should've got that charm when it first came out...


Liz Lisa x My Melody 10th collaboration (Vol 1)



(Updated 18/12/2016)
For both volumes from the 10th collaboration, they had a limited edition dress. As someone who never could resist the temptation of any limited edition items, I knew I need to get my hands on this dress with red lining. However, I have failed to obtain this during the release but luckily found it afterwards LOL.


Both hands and feet up: this is my favourite Liz Lisa x My Melody collaboration patterns of all time! I mean...who doesn't love cakes and macarons? This was the perfect combination for sure! I did thought about getting the pink colour as well, but the red lining definitely made this dress more outstanding.



Ofcourse, I also got the bag and the charm from Volume 1. After the 9th collaboration, I thought I might as well get another bag ^^ Besides...these patterns are just too perfect to miss out!


Here's a close up of the charm itself, which comes with a heart shape Liz Lisa tag. After seeing this one, I quite regret not getting the 6th collaboration charm with all the strawberries *sigh* Oh well~~~


Liz Lisa x My Melody 7th Mook



The 7th mook had some really nice contents, especially with the winter styles. I actually really liked the shopping bag it came with, it had the 2nd volume dress pattern and My Melody from the 10th collaboration on it.


Liz Lisa x My Melody 10th collaboration (Vol 2)


(Updated 18/12/2016)
I admit, initially I wasn't planning to get this dress...well...at least I wasn't 100% sure!! So that's why I didn't pay too much attention when it was released and missed it completely LOL. Though later I changed my mind again, especially after knowing the designer is leaving (which means this could really be the last dress!!!). Again I was very lucky to have found the limited edition one in all-pink colour.


Under most lightings, the pink collar and lacy inner parts could not show up very well and appeared white, though they actually looked more like peach colour in reality. The style of this dress is quite different with all the previous ones, as it suppose to give an olden-day vibe? Anyways, I'm looking forward to try this on and curious about its uniqueness.


Liz Lisa x My Melody 2017 Fukubukuro 



CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT 2017 LIZ LISA x MY MELODY LUCKY BAG


Of course for every Liz Lisa x My Melody collaboration, they released way more items rather than just the dress itself. Though I guess my main focus was on the dress rather than other things...eg phone cases, charms etc. Again yes, I'm still looking for the 4th collaboration dress in blue LOL.

I've been really happy with my Liz Lisa x My Melody collection so far, and I really look forward to more in the future. Hopefully they will come up with even more pretty patterns, and I would love to see more accessories/jewelries and plushies in the future too.


Thanks for reading this post guys! It actually turned out longer than I thought LOL. If you guys liked posts like this, perhaps I'll try to do more in the future.

PS. I normally post OOTD pictures on my Instagram, so follow me there if you like :D (@mintyminad)

Hopefully I'll find more time to update this blog too ^^

See you next time then ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment