Monday, August 8, 2016

High Tea at The Tea Room, Queen Victoria Building



During the past few years, I have developed a strong love for dessert, Cafe food, brunch and High tea. I actually have been to quite a few High tea places, but somehow never really visited the tea room at Queen Victoria building. 

On this particular day, I had my surprise Baby Shower here with my hubby and a group of 10 good friends. Each of us then had Traditional Afternoon Tea, and also we had 4 different tea on the table. 


The High tea came in a traditional set of 3-tiers, although they have been placed differently to the usual ones. We had 1 tier of sandwiches, 1 tier of sweets/desserts, 1 plate of savoury and another place of scones. They also had a range of tea selections, although I've only tried the decaffeinated Ceylon due to pregnancy, it was still nice as it had a light fruity scent and taste.


I guess I'll always love the sweets/desserts tier the most! My favourite here was the strawberry petite cake, it almost reminded me of the Strawberry Watermelon cake from Black Star Pastry. There were 3 types of sandwiches included too, and my favourite was the Egg and chive mayonnaise one.


The scones for the day were absolutely fresh and delicious! I couldn't get enough of it after one but was too full for another LOL. I also couldn't stop admiring how pretty the teapot and teacup set were, and almost got tempted to buy a similar set from Victoria's Basement later on (How pretty is this pink set? http://www.victoriasbasement.com.au/Product/Details/81131/royal-albert-new-country-roses-pink-tea-cup-saucer-and-plate-set). Maybe once I decide on what I actually need, then I'll start looking further into them~ it's always been one of my wish to host my own High tea party at home ^^


Last picture of the day, we also got this savory plate which was pretty interesting. I really liked the Peking duck wrap Mmmm...

I know I'll definitely continue my love for High tea, and hopefully I can try more in the future and share with you guys! I've also been thinking about posting some Cafe food/cute desserts in the future. Perhaps I never told you, but Sydney seriously has the most amazing food selections and I'd be excited to show you all.


The Tea Room QVB Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Opening hours:
Mon to Fri 10am - 5pm
Sat and Sun 10am - 3pm
Address:
Level 3, North End, QVB
455 George St, CBD, Sydney NSW
Phone number:
02 9283 7279

2 comments:

  1. This post has very lovely photos of the food and cutlery! It really captures the elegance of high tea. Looking forward to more reviews of high tea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D hopefully I can go to more places in the future and write about them ;)

      Delete